Food, the most integral part of our lives, is also the same part that is most often neglected by us. For us, the idea of good food always involves food from either cans or take-out boxes. So wound up in our busy lives that we have forgotten what it is like to eat a gourmet style home-cooked dinner made from scratch. However, if done the right way, a good home-cooked meal can be managed even on our busiest of days with only a little effort and willingness.
We always have misinterpreted the meaning of the word ‘gourmet’ to be restaurant-quality, well-presented food made by experienced chefs. But, what is a delicious, properly cooked, nutritious and hygienic meal if not gourmet? Thus, even when you are in a rush, concocting a simple recipe for a fulfilling meal is possible, given that you are up for it.
Here are a few tips to help you when you are in a hurry and broaden your ideas:
- How often have you found yourself wanting to pack a proper meal for work but were unable due to having very little time? How would you like to have homemade Lamb chops as lunch? Perplexed already? I am sure a lot of questions are running through your mind right now, but yes, lamb chops can be made very quickly if you know what you are doing. All you need is a pack of lamb chops, variety of herbs including oregano, rosemary, thyme and lavender leaves, minced garlic and mustard. Season the lamb chops with the ingredients and cook for 4 minutes on each side. The whole process hardly takes 15 minutes and you have a gourmet meal to enjoy at work.
- You can also easily make a delicious breakfast on the go. There’s a variety of options. First, you have the super easy route. You can grab a supplement shake like CrazyBulk to pack on the protein. You can make oatmeal and let it set the night before for a delicious morning meal. For example, take the following ingredients/supplies and sit the oats overnight in the fridge:
- old fashioned rolled oats (not instant, quick, or steel-cut)
- Greek yogurt
- milk (I used skim, but any kind will work)
- chia seeds
- half pint (1 cup) mason jars, find them at Walmart or on Amazon
- Let’s look at another scenario- The unexpected guests… Let’s say you have few unexpected guests over at your place. Nothing is cooked at home and taking them out to a nice steakhouse restaurant is out of the question..money is tight. What do you do? What if I told you that with just a little effort, you can have a cheaper and healthier steak at home? Sounds impossible, right? Well, not quite. All you need are nicely cut pieces of beef, use fresh thyme and rosemary to give it flavor and add salt and pepper. 8 minutes of cooking on each side will be adequate to prepare a mouthwatering and unforgettable meal for your guests. While the meat is cooking, you can also make mushroom gravy or mashed potatoes and serve them on the side to give your guests a complete experience of a gourmet meal.
These are a few methods which, along with many others,will make you less reliable on restaurants when you are in search for gourmet meals in quick time. Restaurants are best visited on special occasions, a couple of times in a month when you want to treat yourself to a grand meal, but it is not correct to assume that restaurants are your only source of gourmet food. Life is busy for everyone, but with the right kind of attitude and dedication, you can Eat Healthy On The Go.